Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Tomorrow, Thursday, March 10 is the day my good friend Mindi has a medical procedure scheduled. After over a year of waiting, planning, endless decision making, the day is here for her kidney transplant. I am very confidant about her surgery and a good outcome. The recovery process will be intricate, remaining in the Rochester area, a trip to the clinic daily, and a dedicated constant companion. I'm happy to say I will be that companion! I will need to share a bit of the time with her husband, we can work that schedule out. Her recovery will not only give her a new lease on life, but will give me the time and pleasure of her company. I'm just a bit scattered and nervous today.

So many people in my life are fighting so mightily for health. My cousin Janelle shared with me after her first round of Chemotherapy that she yearned for normalcy. Just the mundane little things that make up daily life. Traffic, a stack of paper a work, what to make for dinner, taking a stroll just to get some air, using the phone just to say hi, not for a cancer update. All the little things that make up your life seem so ordinary until there're gone.

Stay mindful of what you have. Right now. And enjoy.

take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment